Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Unstuck

Well for the first time since I’ve started this blog- I’m all caught up!! That means I’m not posting 3-4 weeks behind. Originally when I started writing I didn’t know if I’d have the guts to actually post anything. Now I have. Although very few people actually read this blog, I feel very good about it. It’s very therapeutic and has allowed me to be a writer, even if the subject is boring to most.

A week ago I looked in the mirror and thought that I was staring at the face of the Michelin Man.I was so bloated!! I had been the same weight for what seemed like ages even though I have been exercising and eating well- except for too many nuts.

Who knows where the bloat came from? Dairy? I eat some low-fat yogurt. Alcohol? A glass or two on the weekends. Perhaps it was the pickled beans or banana peppers that I put in my humus - or the kimchee that I eat with my humus.What ever it was, it was making me really puffy and I suspect that my plateau had something to do with it.

So I decided to start back at square one. The good ole weight-loss cleanse. Stocked up on fruits and watercress- grabbed my CLA from the herb cupboard.

I really like having those clear boundaries. No dairy, wheat, sugar, alcohol or coffee. I don’t feel like going through caffeine withdrawal so I have continued with green and jasmine tea. I was sad when Saturday (my Americano day) came, but I have to be a trooper. No dairy is no dairy and it’s all about the cream!!

So by the end of the week I had flushed out 7 lbs and I’ve got to say I’m really happy about it.

37 lbs- 17 weeks


Yeah!

No comments: